Friday, April 29, 2011

Email - Contacts - Collaborating

With all the people we correspond with via email, it's necessary to use the contacts feature to manage their information.  Simply go to address book to create contacts.  Once you click there, you'll find various fields you can fill in.

Many times you have to send emails to multiple people in a group.  By creating a group, also referred to as a distribution list or mailing list, you avoid entering each individual email address separately.  Simply go to the contacts folder and select "new contact group."  Simply enter the name of the group and select the contacts you want to include in the group.  Here's a helpful link to show how to use "contacts" in Gmail:  http://tiny.cc/z40lh




I use groups frequently at work to send emails since I set up meetings for a handful of groups.  For instance, I have a group called Nursing Advisory Council.  Every time I communicate with them, I simply type in NAC (I created an abbreviated name) into the "To" field of my email.  The field automatically populates for me and contains the email addresses for everyone within that group.  To help organization and manage your emails, create a folder for each group you create.  All emails related to that group can get filed in that folder.  Here are some tips on managing emails and saving time:  http://tiny.cc/xrle9

I now receive emails for groups I belong to on LinkedIn.  Social networking, collaborating and sharing information are all popular today.  For professional development, it's a good idea to look for groups who you want to connect with to learn from.  My LinkedIn groups have online dialogues over topics I am interested in.  I receive emails when new dialogues are started.  I've created a folder for my groups so they are easy to manage.  These groups are a great way to share information and to collaborate.  For help on collaborating on LinkedIn, go to:  http://tiny.cc/k3nzk  Happy collaborating!


 
Did you know . . . 80% of companies use LinkedIn as a recruitment tool? (http://dannybrown.me/2010/07/03/cool-facts-about-social-media/)

No comments:

Post a Comment