Thursday, April 28, 2011

Google Docs

I just created my second document in Google Docs.  Because I have an administrative background, typing a document in Google Docs is just as easy as if I wasn’t in the cloud.  The cloud aspect makes Google Docs valuable since real time revisions can be made by multiple people.  This is so much better than having several different versions of a document.  As an administrative assistant, I know what a headache this can be - very frustrating to say the least.  It is also a waste of time and money (in the form of my salary).

So here’s something really cool - I just accidentally closed my Google Docs document prior to saving it.  When I went back in Google Docs, there it was as an unsaved document with no work lost.  That is awesome.  Losing work this way can be very frustrating.  I recently had to redo an assignment in my Financial Accounting class as I couldn’t get my work back.  One rule of thumb I usually go by is to always save documents in the beginning.  Once in a while, I forget.  So there you have it, Google Docs rocks!

I wanted to add a photo to see how easy it is to do in Google Docs.  Here is a photo of four puppies from the litter my two Newfoundland puppies came from.  Hard to believe that were so small.  They turned one on April 7 and weigh around 135 and 125 lbs.  Aren’t they cute?

What do you know?  There is a word count feature in Google Docs also.  Very helpful if I have to know my word count for class blogs.  I just inserted a table here too.  Again, very easy and very helpful.


Weight
8 weeks
Weight 2 mos. - 6 mos.Weight 6 mos - 10 mos.Weight 10 mos - 14 mos.
Jake1234123412341234
Elwood1234123412341234



I was easily able to copy my document in Google Docs to copy it into Google Blogger.  All these tools seem to be very easy to use.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment